You will work directly from still life and will also have the option to paint from the model for three evenings during the term. This course will focus on formal issues in painting and the complexity of visual perception. Suitable for all abilities, with structured studies and more sustained development of work, the course offers you the opportunity to develop your personal practice in this rich and diverse genre.
30 September – 16 December 2021 / 6.30pm – 9.00pm
12 Thursdays / No half term break
Tutor: Laura Smith
Course #: TH43
Please bring these materials with you when you start the course:
Oil paints (artist’s range) 38ml tubes
• Cadmium Red
• French Ultramarine Blue
• Cadmium Yellow
• Titanium White Winsor & Newton Sansodor Low odour thinners 250ml (available to buy from school shop – please bring cash).
Please only bring low odour thinners with you or buy them from us. For health & safety reasons we do not allow the use of white spirit or turpentine at Heatherley’s. There is a brush cleaning machine provided.
• Brushes size 3, 5, 8 (flat hog bristle)
• Large tear-off or wooden palette
• Double dippers
• Palette knife Kitchen roll / old rags
• Purified Linseed Oil Apron