Post Diploma in Sculpture
A one year post graduate course in contemporary sculpture.
A year of guided independent study suitable for those who have completed either the two-year Diploma in Sculpture or similar graduate study.
Students are offered a supportive framework of tutorial and technical assistance In advanced sculptural techniques.
This one year Post Graduate Diploma Course (24-36 weeks) takes place on two or three days a week (Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday) over three terms of 12 weeks each.
Studio space is available for two or three days on Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays in consultation with the Course Director.
Seminar and discussion groups are arranged during the year and students may participate in an art history lecture programme.
About the course
As well as accepting former Diploma students, Heatherleys invites application from self-motivated students who have completed a BA course in sculpture or equivalent study. We are able to offer graduate students the option of a year of guided independent study following a personal creative development programme devised in consultation with the Course Director.
Alternatively they may instead choose to follow our two year Diploma structure as an opportunity to focus on the figurative subject matter which is a central feature of the course.
We are pleased to welcome those who, having worked independently for some time, may wish to return to learning with a view to developing creatively, enhancing technical skills or participating in observational, figurative project work.
The Postgraduate Study Year creates an opportunity for the cross fertilization of ideas in a small but lively studio community.
We offer our Postgraduate Students:
- Supportive tuition
- A personal workspace
- Regular personal tutorials
- Access to project work with life and portrait models
- Access to workshop facilities and specialized technical assistance
- Weekly life drawing sessions
- A structured lecture programme
- Participation in talks, critique, discussion and gallery visits designed to enhance critical awareness
- The opportunity to exhibit in the end of year Graduate Exhibition
Fees: £5,060 per annum (based on 2 days per week)
- On receipt of your application form (obtainable from the website or office) we will invite you to an interview with the Course Director.
- You are asked to bring with you examples of recent three-dimensional work (by means of photographic documentation). Drawings and sketchbooks may also be included. Where it is necessary to interview by phone or Skype, evidence of work should be mailed to the school or made available online.
- Applicants for the Postgraduate year should have completed Heatherleys Diploma or a BA course in sculpture or equivalent study.
- Suitable applicants will receive an offer of a place after interview. You should confirm your acceptance of this offer in writing and by payment of a deposit of 10% of the fees for the course which will secure your place.
Applications for September 2023
TERM DATES 2023-24
Monday 25 September – Saturday 16 December
Monday 8 January – Saturday 23 March
Monday 15 April – Saturday 6 July
Closed bank holidays: Mondays 6 May and 27 May
Graduate Year in Sculpture 2023-24
(2 days per week) £5,060