Intermediate Oil Painting
Develop your perceptual skills and personal painting style. An intermediate oil painting course designed for those who are confident in drawing and would like to develop their painting ability.
It offers the opportunity for a sustained period of enquiry, revision and experiment. Sessions will focus on composition, colour theory, mark making and offer guidance on painting methods and materials.
Includes four days working from with a model.
12 January – 30 March 2023 / 10.00am – 4.00pm
12 Thursdays / No half term break
Tutor: Ian Rowlands
Course #: TH22
Please bring these materials with you on day one of the course:
- No.3 round hog
- No.5 filbert or flat hog
- No.2 round sable or synthetic
General for Painting
- Wooden palette approx 25 x 35cm (or disposable palette available from the Heatherleys shop)
- Straight bladed palette knife
- Odourless thinners. Available from the Heatherleys shop. (turpentine and white spirits not permitted in school)
- Jam jar or tin can
- A few small canvas boards 10” x 8” or 10” x 12” inches. Available from the Heatherleys shop.
Preferably artist’s quality
- Titanium White
- Cadmium Yellow lemon
- Yellow Ochre
- Venetian red
- Cadmium Red
- Alizarin Crimson
- French Ultramarine
- Cerulean blue
- Ivory black
Optional drawing Materials
- Artists Sketchbook (A4)
- Drawing pencils (selection)
- Putty / hard erasers Masking Tape