Learn to make your watercolour paintings exciting, creative and personal.
On this course you will be helped to extend your use of watercolour techniques and to develop your freedom of expression.
This course covers the experimental use of pastels, inks and other media in connection with watercolour. Subject matter includes still life, landscape and the life model.
All abilities welcome.
10 January – 28 March 2023 / 10.00am – 4.00pm
12 Tuesdays / No half term break
Tutor: Veronica Ricks
Course #: TU03
Please bring all these materials with you on your first day:
Brushes (nylon or sable):
- 1 Medium round ended brush size 10 or 12
- 1 Small round ended brush size 3 or 4
- 1 Large mop brush PAINTS
You can use a box of paints but tubes are preferable.
- Lemon Yellow
- Cadmium Yellow
- Yellow ochre or Raw Siena
- Crimson Alizarin
- Permanent Rose
- Burnt Siena
- Cerulean Blue
- Cobalt Blue
- 1 small sketch pad (watercolour paper)
- Sheets of watercolour paper (you can buy these from Heatherley’s each week) or large pad of paper (weight 140lb/300gms; medium surface)
- 1 watercolour palette
- 1 bottle of masking fluid
- 2 water jars
- 1 roll kitchen paper
- 1 roll masking tape
- HB pencil