Introduction to Drawing and Painting
The subject matter of this course is varied, from still life to the life model.
You will be introduced to a variety of methods and materials and encouraged to try a wide range of approaches.
The course is suitable for all levels of experience.
27 September – 13 December / 6.30pm – 9.00pm
12 Wednesdays / No half term break
Tutor: Sarah Jane Moon
Course #: WD42
● Sketchbook, Pencils (2B-6B)
● Apron / painting shirt
● A palette knife (metal, triangular, 1-2 inch blade)
● Palette (flat – wooden / plastic or tear off)
● Brushes: medium to large rounds and flats (hog, size 2-8), small synthetics for finer detail (craft brushes size 0, flats size 4)
● Low odour thinners, Sansodor
● Dippers with lids and a jam jar for solvent
● Kitchen towel and rags
● Titanium white
● Lemon yellow
● Cadmium lemon
● Cadmium red
● Alizarin crimson
● Cerulean blue
● Ultramarine blue
Please only bring low odour thinners with you or buy them from school shop. For health and safety reasons we do not allow the use of white spirit or turpentine at Heatherleys.