Drawing and Painting – Advanced
A project-based advanced drawing and painting course. Designed to boost the confidence of the experienced painter wishing to expand their visual vocabulary.
You’ll use sketches, photographic reference and observation, working from a range of subject matter including still life and the model (portrait and life).
There will also be scope to develop your own independent projects in a group setting with a view to critically interrogating your practice.
All styles and media encouraged.
27 September – 13 December / 10.00am – 4.00pm
12 Wednesdays / No half term break
Tutor: Sarah Jane Moon
Course #: WD26
● Sketchbook, Pencils (2B-6B)
● Apron / painting shirt
● A palette knife (metal, triangular, 1-2 inch blade)
● Palette (flat – wooden / plastic or tear off)
● Brushes: medium to large rounds and flats (hog, size 2-8), small synthetics for finer detail (craft brushes size 0, flats size 4)
● Low odour thinners, Sansodor
● Dippers with lids and a jam jar for solvent
● Kitchen towel and rags
● Titanium white
● Lemon yellow
● Cadmium lemon
● Cadmium red
● Alizarin crimson
● Cerulean blue
● Ultramarine blue
Please only bring low odour thinners with you or buy them from school shop. For health and safety reasons we do not allow the use of white spirit or turpentine at Heatherleys.