Introducing our newest trustee, Frances Christie
Frances Christie brings a wealth of expertise to her role as a trustee of The Heatherley School of Fine Art. She has 20 years of experience at Sotheby’s, where she was Deputy Chairman for Sotheby’s UK & Ireland and Head of Modern & Post-War British Art.
Frances also lends her support to the arts as trustee of the award-winning UK charity Outside In and as an advisory board member of the Jerwood Foundation. You may also have seen her on the BBC Antiques Roadshow where she is specialist in pictures.
During her time at Sotheby’s, Frances played a significant role in the sale of major collections of 20th Century British Art, including:
– A Life in Pictures: The Collection of Lord and Lady Attenborough in 2009
– The Evill/Frost Collection in 2011 (which achieved the highest total ever for a sale of Modern British Art)
– Lowry: The A.J. Thompson Collection in 2014
– Daughter of History: Mary Soames and the Legacy of Churchill in 2014
– Bowie/Collector in 2016
– Vivien: The Vivien Leigh Collection in 2017
– Howard Hodgkin: Portrait of the Artist in 2017
Frances earned her degree in History of Art from Trinity College, Cambridge, and a Master of Arts degree in Early 20th Century British and European Art from the Courtauld Institute, London.